new eaton cutler/hammer 480v mcc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jqb122970

as my contractor was unwraping a new line up for a new project, we noticed that there were 5/16x24x20 steel plates bolted to the bottom of the mcc's with 3/8x1-1/4 bolts. we removed the plates and found no holes behind the plates. what are thease? are they part of the arc flash protection? or added as ballast for shipping? any ideas? tyia.
james

dicklaxt

Does this MCC have a bottom horizontal wireway? I can think of only one thing that they are conduit/cable entry plates where you would remove, punch your holes as required,install hubs or glands and put it back inplace.

Many custom options are available so its really no telling at this point,is there a set of enginneering/design installation dwgs that might cover it?

dick

iwire

Staff member
I know the majority of us here are men and this goes against the grain but .................

Did you bother to look at the directions that shipped with the MCC?

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I know the majority of us here are men and this goes against the grain but .................

Isn't that supposed to get thrown out with the packaging when you unwrap the gear?;)

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

That would be assuming that they sent instructions. I just unpacked two CH MCCs last week and they did not include the instruction manual.
Mine do not have the plate that the OP is asking about so I can't answer the question.

markstg

as my contractor was unwraping a new line up for a new project, we noticed that there were 5/16x24x20 steel plates bolted to the bottom of the mcc's with 3/8x1-1/4 bolts. we removed the plates and found no holes behind the plates. what are thease? are they part of the arc flash protection? or added as ballast for shipping? any ideas? tyia.
james

Plates to make the MCC "verman" resistant?

dicklaxt

Shipping braces and vermin entry deterrant are both viable answers.

How are these MCC's going to be mounted,a vault below,a second story above,on channels with open floor etc

dick

markstg

james

Check out the cutler-hammer site for MCC. An enclosure option is to have "bottom plate". It appears this option was purchased for the MCC's you have.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Check out the cutler-hammer site for MCC. An enclosure option is to have "bottom plate". It appears this option was purchased for the MCC's you have.
I can't imagine a bottom plate that is 5/16" thick. The bottom plates in the CH MCCs that I am working on are about 1/16" thick.

dicklaxt

There were 94---- 1/4 inch plates in the floor of the containerized SubStation I just finished up on,all were to be punched, burned or drilled by field electricians.

The plates probably averaged 6 to 8 hubs each

dick

Status
Not open for further replies.