New ideal screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I haven't tried that one. It kind of depends on where the tips are stored. I've always done everything by hand so I can work a screw driver pretty fast and the way I do it, if the tips are stored in the handle and the end cap screws on, I would always end up unscrewing the cap by accident and dropping the bits all over the place.:roll:

renosteinke

I have / had an earlier (but similar) Ideal ratcheting driver. THAT one was larger and heavier than I wanted to have in my pocket, so I stayed with their 'ordinary' 7-in-1.

I seen it in some supply houses, its rather large and faces the same problem as all other multi bits... They do not sell replacement bits that that will fit it. Lose a good one and its basicly to the bottom of the tool bag it goes.

wireguy8169

Guy at work has one and its not bad to have in your box, he mainly used it when we had an outage that and his flashlight is all he needed. It works pretty good but with the tips in the handle its not heavy but kinda heavy if you know what I mean and I could see it either giving you a strong grip or caprle tunnel. And the the ratching part is cool for some applications to save from future carple tunnel

So I would say it has its uses if your into that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.