New Iowa inspection program/state enforced code

Status
Not open for further replies.

donniet

Iowa now has a State inspection program for ALL areas in Iowa. Does anyone know if the Iowa State code requires a seperate disconnect by the meter for all 1 and 2 family dwellings? I'm not talking about for panels located in remote locations, I'm talking about rquiring it for ALL 1 and 2 family dwellings, regardless of where the meter is mounted in relation to the panel. I've been getting conflicting information from out in the field.

480sparky

The only thing they changed in the 2008 NEC is they removed the language of 210.8(A) in it's entirety and replaced it with the 2005 language.

There still may be local amendments, however.

billsnuff

Also

Also

depending on your location, if there is an existing AHJ, then State Inspectors aren't allowed in unless invited by that AHJ.

Chief Electrical Inspector Merrick wanted clarity on one other issue. At the last Board meeting, Chief Electrical Inspector Merrick was instructed not to enter any AHJs (Authority Having Jurisdiction). We have some AHJs that have invited us in. It was decided that it was okay for them to
ask us, but we do not ask them. Barb Mentzer stated if it is not our jurisdiction, then we are out of it unless they ask us, no matter if it is a farm or anything else.

from here: http://www.dps.state.ia.us/fm/electrician/PDFs/2009/04-23-2009_EEB_Minutes.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.