New Jersey continuing education

tank728

Occupation
Electrician
Who are you guys using for continuing education in New Jersey? My usual guy Alan check is no longer doing continuing education just exam prep

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I've been using Bob Frangipane for decades. Bob has stepped back from teaching but his nephew Donald has taken over. They do the 10 hour update in person in Lyndhurst as required by the DCA the rest are done online.

Bobfrangipane.com

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Who are you guys using for continuing education in New Jersey? My usual guy Alan check is no longer doing continuing education just exam prep
Aren't there on line solutions for this?

coffeebean

The NJ Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors requires that the 9 hours of 2023 NEC and 1 hour of law update be done in person. The reason I was told is that they want to see you navigate through the code book and from what I've seen as an Electrical Inspector very few electrical contractors are navigating. The remaining 24 hours can be online.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The NJ Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors requires that the 9 hours of 2023 NEC and 1 hour of law update be done in person. The reason I was told is that they want to see you navigate through the code book and from what I've seen as an Electrical Inspector very few electrical contractors are navigating. The remaining 24 hours can be online.
Yes sad but true. Unless you're personally motivated to learn something a good many of the people are there solely to get their 34 hours in. I often cringe at some of the questions that licensed electrical contractors actually ask in these seminars. Some of the EI seminars are no better. :rolleyes: