New Law requiring CEUs for NJ PEs

Merry Christmas
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
First, congratulations on that PE; I've been cheering for you a while now.
Second, you will probably find the rules change annually as a minimum. Here in California, we've had three changes a year on average for the last 3-4 years. Most PEs are clueless. In some cases, I've had to inform my (new) employer they were out of compliance; sometimes by as much as four years.

Lady Engineer

You think, can I put you down as the instructor, Charlie? LOL :D

Rbalex, you remember that? It took me awhile, but did it. I failed it a couple of times, but I had taken a course at Rutgers! I would not recommend it to anyone! However, the PPI online exam review is the best. I took the online course, and passed the first time! As a matter of fact, I finished the first half 90 minutes early, and second half 60 minutes early!

It's all about preparation!

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
http://www.njspe.org/pdfs/Summary_of_MCPC_Law.pdf

I was enjoying my fresh PE license, when they did this...why? Can't a girl stamp something as least once before they change the rules!

Drat!

Lady (Patty)

Whoa! Didn't see that one coming. I'm not a member of the NJSPE, so this was a surprise. Thanks for the heads up! And congratulations on your new license. Now all you need is a spare $5,000 or so to pay for your E&O policy and you can hang out your shingle :grin:! Or work for someone who'll pay it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.