New Rate: $60/Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove past a small shop in Portland, don't ever remember seeing them advertising anywhere. Out front, handmade sign: New Rate, $60/hour. I think that's down from the hold rate of $85/hour...

quogueelectric

I know trunkslamers who charge 25. Someone on this site has Good electricians are not cheap and cheap electricians are not good as thier quote. It is soo true.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I'm dropping prices on my continuing ed classes from $145 for 8 hours to $109. But at $109 I don't include a lunch ($20) or Mike Holt book. And then I sell the Mike Holt book at list, $43. I am pretty sure I will make it up on volume. But it seems "cheaper".
I'll know soon.

Rewire

I'm dropping prices on my continuing ed classes from $145 for 8 hours to $109. But at $109 I don't include a lunch ($20) or Mike Holt book. And then I sell the Mike Holt book at list, $43. I am pretty sure I will make it up on volume. But it seems "cheaper".
I'll know soon.
sounds like you lowered your price but cut your costs so you actually make more.

satcom

Drove past a small shop in Portland, don't ever remember seeing them advertising anywhere. Out front, handmade sign: New Rate, $60/hour. I think that's down from the hold rate of $85/hour...

I sure hope all his suppliers are cutting their rates, and I bet his phone company and insurance companies all reduced theirs, and all his employees decided lower wages are a good idea, after all the employees have old knowladge, what could that be worth.

Mule

Im not dropping my profit margin, I dont care if I starve to death,besides, Ive got Harley Davidson payments, and my $35,000 truck... they are going to do it MY way, this aint Burger King........:smile:

Mule

nice to know you have that much work. I, have worked 11 days this year so far. Ill mow peoples grass for cash right about now.

~Matt

It was a joke !!!! I was being sarcastic....Its that weird sense of humor of mine....

Sorry your out of work, try to be creative, you can make it happen, diversify

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Darn! I was all happy for the Mule because he was getting some decent money in an ugly time. Then find out it was done with a bit twisted humor....ooh well, caught a hoof!

TOOL_5150

It was a joke !!!! I was being sarcastic....Its that weird sense of humor of mine....

Sorry your out of work, try to be creative, you can make it happen, diversify

Ahh.. its all good. :smile:

I know! I will install PowerSavers!! Everyone wants to save 50% on their electric bill!!!

~Matt

Sparky555

A guy's been advertising in the local paper for a month now...$40/hour and free estimates. I very curious to see how long he lasts. Everyone other EC has dropped their ad in this paper. I tried it years ago but I only got a couple calls/month from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.