New Statewide License in Texas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

potto

I heard a couple guys talking about some new legislature passed in Texas that will require statewide electrical licensing. Currently in Texas we are licensed city by city. (SBCCI testing is not what I am talking about) Anyway I cannot find out any information about this. A fellow electrician was at City Hall the other day asking for info also. Said he heard 30 days to comply... The city inspector didn't know anything either. I checked at the State Of Texas Government website but unless you know the number of the actual Bill that was passed you can't look it up. Does anyone here know anything about this for Texas?

TIA
Potto

bphgravity

Re: New Statewide License in Texas???

I wish Florida would adopt something like this.

Right now, the only electrical workers required to be licensed are contractors.

This means that a single master/electrical contractor qualifies every single employee under their license even if the person has no real active part in the company.

Not only that, but a single master can qualify two or three companies at a time. And there are no restrictions on total employees. At one point, when I was working for a huge electrical contractor in Orlando, there was only one master electrician that was qualifying over 125 employees.

If licensing became a requirement, this would assist both employer and employee. Contractors would be able to set wages based on certification and ensure quality of employee. Electricians then would have some entitlement and clout with a license, and will be more fluent with the code. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.