Newbie question: How do I correctly size DC linecord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supplying a customer with a large computer server (being installed in a raised floor computer room) and want to make sure that the linecord is correctly sized. Where do I go in the NEC to find an ampacity chart for DC linecords that will be installed under a raised floor?

The supply will be somewhere from 200 to 600VDC (not clear yet).

Also- is there any standard for DC connectors? For AC linecords we use IEC 309 plugs but for DC I have no idea if there's a standard' (either an industry standard or an ad-hoc standard)

Thanks for any input you can provide!

ibew441dc

Supplying a customer with a large computer server (being installed in a raised floor computer room) and want to make sure that the linecord is correctly sized. Where do I go in the NEC to find an ampacity chart for DC linecords that will be installed under a raised floor?

The supply will be somewhere from 200 to 600VDC (not clear yet).

Also- is there any standard for DC connectors? For AC linecords we use IEC 309 plugs but for DC I have no idea if there's a standard' (either an industry standard or an ad-hoc standard)

Thanks for any input you can provide!

What is linecord?

So what chart would I use for sizing the linecord... JBT260 your answer seems to imply that any ampacity charts in the NEC are for VAC RMS or DC..?

Status
Not open for further replies.