Newer construction missing bonding screw? Was this intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fnewman

Occupation
Sr. Electrical Engineering Manager at Larson Engineering
Hard to tell from the photo, but the insulation on the right conductor at the bottom of the breaker appears to have possibly been overheated. Otherwise, this is a pretty common panel around here; I believe the neutral termination block is bonded to the case by its mounting screw(s).

kwired

Electron manager
Hard to tell from the photo, but the insulation on the right conductor at the bottom of the breaker appears to have possibly been overheated. Otherwise, this is a pretty common panel around here; I believe the neutral termination block is bonded to the case by its mounting screw(s).
No, that center hole in the right portion of the neutral is where bonding screw goes when used. Neutral assembly is otherwise mounted on an insulator.

310 BLAZE IT

This is the primary service disconnect means. The grounding electrode is landed in the meter cabinet. However this main disconnect is a floating island since all conduit connecting it is PVC. I am scratching my head at how this passed final inspection to begin with.

kwired: I would certainly take you up on that offer if you think you have one of those bonding screws for this cabinet lying around. I think this screw has a larger head than the typical green screws I have seen. The part number I have found is Neutral Bonding Screw - 4028318578. I don't know how easy it is to get something like this directly from Schneider.

Let me know if you have one and I will cover the shipping.

Thanks!
Schneider is very difficult to get internal part numbers from to procure... I do not reccomended.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.