Nexstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-BONE

Has anyone ever herd of or know anything about NEXSTAR. It is a company that helps you to grow your business.

khixxx

I am not an EC. When I was kicking the idea of going on my own I investigated Mr.E, Nexstar and that other one. If I did go into business I would have went Nexstar. Not sure of the price, I think it was $15k about 2 years ago. I think that would be a well worth investment if you put 100% into it.

bradleyelectric

khixxx said:
I am not an EC. When I was kicking the idea of going on my own I investigated Mr.E, Nexstar and that other one. If I did go into business I would have went Nexstar. Not sure of the price, I think it was $15k about 2 years ago. I think that would be a well worth investment if you put 100% into it.

Why would you have gone nexstar?

khixxx

bradleyelectric said:
Why would you have gone nexstar?

It was the best I found, Most of the other organizations, MR.E, ESI were both a sales pitch. Nexstar gave me numbers of other EC even guys that would be my competitor. Everyone seems great that I talked to. The service that nexstar offered seemed good.

As far as going with a Consultant Company. When you start any thing NEW you find all kinds of bumps and hurdles that beat you up emotionally and in the pocket. I believe spending $15k would be a drop in the bucket compared to the School of Hard Knocks.

fourteen/two

Nexstar inquiry

Nexstar inquiry

About six weeks ago i contacted Nexstar for any info they had on what they offered, cost, and such.

I got a form letter telling me that they were not accepting any new electrical contractors for my area.

Also after 3 years in business a 15 to 20 thousand dollar investment to help me set up business systems would have been worth it.

figureing out accounting, paperwork, payroll, estimating, taxes, insurance, corporate entintys, filing, time management, negotiations, contracts, and all the other business tools that your don't get in apprenticeship, has cost me plenty.

Tiger Electrical

I had the same response...my territory is taken.

I see how Nexstar companies run. They all look similar in their marketing techniques...the names are different, but the look is the same. There aren't any around here. They may have bought the territory, but I don't see them serving it. I suspect that the Nexstar business model for electrical contracting requires a very large territory.

Dave

khixxx

I know you can do a search on their site. Some companies use nexstar for a year then bail. I think it is something like 1 company per 350,000 people.

satcom

khixxx said:
I know you can do a search on their site. Some companies use nexstar for a year then bail. I think it is something like 1 company per 350,000 people.

Not the ones around here, they not only went nexstar, they ran a lot of the little one man operations, out of business, as someone told me, they will eat your lunch, and they do, the one local to me, has added trucks, and men every year, and now i notice they have a larger building.
When they first came in the area, everyone said, they will not last the prices are too high, well they were wrong, they took over the lions share of the work and most of the customers of the small one man shop.

The guys that got kocked out, could not cut it anyway, they worked cheap, and had no real go get it. They were not looking for a better living.

peter d

satcom said:
When they first came in the area, everyone said, they will not last the prices are too high, well they were wrong, they took over the lions share of the work and most of the customers of the small one man shop.

Our local Nexstar giant has been steadily buying out the smaller companies (to get their accounts obviously) over the years.

mdshunk

peter d said:
Our local Nexstar giant has been steadily buying out the smaller companies (to get their accounts obviously) over the years.
Nothing wrong with that.

Some people start businesses with the express intent of selling them at some point in the future, and there seems to be no shortage of willing buyers. My retirement plan, however, involves working until I'm dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.