NFPA 70E - books sets ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiller

Looking for some reading material on the NFPA 70E. If I get just the NFPA 70E book is it worth having one of the supplememental handbooks that helps explain everything ? If so anybody have a favorite ?

I want to learn more about being safe, using the right PPE gear when needed, and properly labeling all our pieces of equipment.

Thanks
Mike

zog

Looking for some reading material on the NFPA 70E. If I get just the NFPA 70E book is it worth having one of the supplememental handbooks that helps explain everything ? If so anybody have a favorite ?

I want to learn more about being safe, using the right PPE gear when needed, and properly labeling all our pieces of equipment.

Thanks
Mike

70E handbook is a great place to start. Here is a check list of everything you will need to do to get a facility in complaiance with 70E.

? Train your employees who are to be job classified as Qualified
? Supply CPR Training
? Qualify your Employees who will be performing energized electrical work
? Identify your Non-Qualified Employees who may be in the areas of energized electrical work
? Train Your Non-Qualified Employees with Awareness Training
? Contractor Notification Procedures, Job planning check list and Job briefing
? Hazard Risk Evaluation, Engineering Audit/NFPA-70E Tables
? Develop Alerting Techniques and methods for notification of approach and flash boundaries
? Develop & Maintain Up-To-Date Single Line Electrical Drawings to location of equipment Sources of Power
? Safety Related Maintenance Requirements
? Supply & train Qualified Employees in the use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
? Lockout/Tagout Procedures & Training
? Energized Electrical Work Permit with written procedures
? Safety Requirements for Special Equipment
? Develop an Employee Safety Related Work, Audit Program
? Develop Discipline Program for Non-Compliance to Safety Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.