NFPA 820 footnote #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmike

Upon reviewing the 2012 edition of NFPA 820, there has been an additional footnote added the collection, solids, and liquids table. It is footnote #3 which states "these unit processes use corrosive chemicals that can have a deteriorating effect on conductors and equipment. Electrical equipment shall be identified for use in the operating environment".

I am confused as this is a new footnote and I am not aware of electrical equipment that would be labeled and rated for the environment. It appears to be a footnote that can't be met. Any input?

Also, it is my understanding that following this NFPA article, like many others, is recommended but I can not find where governing regulations indicate it must be followed. In addition, where do I find what version of the NFPA would be adopted? there are so many NFPA articles and they all have revisions at different times.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Upon reviewing the 2012 edition of NFPA 820, there has been an additional footnote added the collection, solids, and liquids table. It is footnote #3 which states "these unit processes use corrosive chemicals that can have a deteriorating effect on conductors and equipment. Electrical equipment shall be identified for use in the operating environment".

I am confused as this is a new footnote and I am not aware of electrical equipment that would be labeled and rated for the environment. It appears to be a footnote that can't be met. Any input?

Also, it is my understanding that following this NFPA article, like many others, is recommended but I can not find where governing regulations indicate it must be followed. In addition, where do I find what version of the NFPA would be adopted? there are so many NFPA articles and they all have revisions at different times.

I think that 300.6 covers protection against corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.