NFPA 99 (2018) 10.2.5 & 10.3.3

Shujinko

I have a project where a piece of imaging equipment is getting installed. The inspector is saying that the vendor has to provide a document that says the Leakage Current Test measured in the field by the vendor's field technican was done per NFPA 99 (2018) 10.2.5 & 10.3.3. The vendor and the client don't think this is needed since.

1. This was never cited by the inspector before on any other project.
2. The vendor has an NTRL listing that says ground factory testing complies with a bunch of ANSI & IEC standards.
3. In order for the vendor to get a letter to state they comply with NFPA 99, it would take several months becasue they have to run it through their legal department. And it's not guranteed that the legel department would even agree to this.

The imaging equipment is NTRL listed and I know NEC 90.7 mentions that factory installed internal wiring for equipment that is listed is not required to be inspected at time of installation. However, the ground wiring and leakage testing are field installed/measured in this case. It's a connection between the ground bar in an equipment room and the imaging equipment, both provided by the vendor. Any suggestions on a path forward for this issue? Any code citations suggestion that can help?

Excerpt from NFPA 99 (2018) 10.2.5
1721083313009.png

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
It has always been required in the projects I've done in NC and FL

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I should have included that it was not the vendor, it was provided by the entity that commissioned the room.

Shujinko

I should have included that it was not the vendor, it was provided by the entity that commissioned the room.
Ok understood, but either way I think it still needs to be done to comply to code. I don't think a NTRL listing can supersede this part of the code. Do you agree?