NICET I and II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleFA

Hello all, i'm new to the site, altho not new to forums... I ran a search for NICET, but the answers i found weren't as specific as I would have liked.

I'm in a position where work has asked me to research getting NICET certified. Being a Fire Alarm Designer and Low Voltage Lighting Designer I figured I should get the cert done, not only for the benefit of the company but myself.

My superiors asked that I put a package together necessary for for NICET I and II, so far i've complied some of the materials and slapped it into a spreadsheet for pricing, however I know i'm missing a lot of materials.

The NICET website is kinda unclear on what each level requires, so i was wondering if someone could direct me as far as what manuals to have for I and what manuals to have for II.

EagleFA

I was referred to NTC for training, and that they have great study materials and ways to help prep you for the test.

Also, the company i work for would like to have a library of code books, so i'm assuming the code books that the NICET tests are based off of would be nice to have on hand.

Is anyone here NICET certified and would you recommend membership with the NFPA?

ron

For fun I took the NICET exams for fire alarm.
If you've been in the business for a while and had to look up code related issues and work out problems in the field, you'll need no books.
NICET exams or not, reference books are good to have for ..... reference.
For fire alarm, I like
National Fire Alarm Code? Handbook, 2007 Edition
Fire Alarm Signaling Systems By Bukowski & Moore
National Electrical Code? Handbook (NFPA 70), 2008 Edition
2006 International Building Code
2006 International Mechanical Code
NFPA 90
A Designer?s Guide to Fire Alarm Systems
All available from NFPA along with a new membership

Status
Not open for further replies.