NICET III Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztaylor28

Hello all and thanks for the opportunity to ask questions. I will get right to the point. I am NICET 2 in fire alarms and have had more than enough experience for my level three. I recently have started employment with the school district fire and safety. I have filled out my NICET 3 paperwork and have not yet got a performance verification from my current job of 8 months. My boss, who has no NICETS at all refuses to fill out the form saying he is liable if I burn down a building in 5 years from now and says he cant answer everything "yes" on the form. Anything I can do or any advice please? I can't let one stubborn old man slow me down in my life. I have other performance verifications from other employers....Someone please help!!!!

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Hello all and thanks for the opportunity to ask questions. I will get right to the point. I am NICET 2 in fire alarms and have had more than enough experience for my level three. I recently have started employment with the school district fire and safety. I have filled out my NICET 3 paperwork and have not yet got a performance verification from my current job of 8 months. My boss, who has no NICETS at all refuses to fill out the form saying he is liable if I burn down a building in 5 years from now and says he cant answer everything "yes" on the form. Anything I can do or any advice please? I can't let one stubborn old man slow me down in my life. I have other performance verifications from other employers....Someone please help!!!!

If you left on friendly terms with your previous employer, see if he/she will help you out. Since you're working for the school district, your word in the right ear might have value to your ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.