Nicet level II Fire alarm exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappzilla

I am an FST for a fire protection company. I have acquired Nicet level I certification and am about to go for my Nicet level II certification. When I was studying for my level I certification, I found plenty of free study guides and practice questions via google. I can't find anything as far as studying for the Nicet level II exam though. Nothing for free at least. I wouldn't even mind paying for a Nicet level II study guide if I could somehow know it was a legit study guide and not some garbage some knob threw together to try and make a buck.

From what I've read on various message boards like this one, Nicet level II test is significantly harder than the Nicet level I test, which obviously makes sense, so I'd like to study up for as best I can in order to pass it the first time around. The company I work for pays for the Nicet test, but if I fail I have to pay for it the 2nd time around. Redundancy given I want to pass this test the first time.

Anyone know of any solid Nicet II fire alarm certification study material that can be found via the net?

nhfire77

http://www.nationaltrainingcenter.net/index.xml

Are you aware of the 10+ books they use to generate the test questions? It's on the nicet site, you could read them (it's one way to cover all your Bases) It's harder, but if you've been doing code compliant work for years- you're all set. There will be a few really, really basic first aid questions and trade coordination questions, just read them slowly. Otherwise it's all things you should know to do your job already

ron

When I took it a long time ago, they allowed you to bring bound reference material. Bring as much as you have in a shopping cart or similar.

I remember at some point needing to look at a chart in NFPA 72 and then NFPA 70 (NEC) and then the IMC, all in succession. It seemed almost more important to know where to get the information rather than to know it off the top of your head.

nhfire77

When I took it a long time ago, they allowed you to bring bound reference material. Bring as much as you have in a shopping cart or similar.

I remember at some point needing to look at a chart in NFPA 72 and then NFPA 70 (NEC) and then the IMC, all in succession. It seemed almost more important to know where to get the information rather than to know it off the top of your head.

Since it's all computer based- the only reference material is 70, 72 and the IBC. No loose paper, a dry erase marker and a laminated piece of graph paper

Status
Not open for further replies.