NJ application process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few quick questions on the application process. how long does it generally take to hear back from the state once you've sent your application in? i mailed my app certified mail so I know they received it Feb 22. The board met in march but didnt get to me then. they met again April 6th and I believe they got to my application since the cashiers check for the application fee of $100 was cashed on april 6th. how much longer do i have to wait to hear from them? also, if my application is rejected will i be notified? trying to reach a live human being on the phone in newark is impossible. thanks.

millerdtm

I applied for my test in Oct 2009. Did not hear anything back from the board until late June. If I remember correctly the test would have been scheduled for Early July. Did'nt have time to cram for the test at that point. All is lost. Maybe next year.

SIRSPARKSALOT

You will be in the July exam. Same happened to me. Kept wondering and wondering. Plan to take the July exam. If you have not already begun studying, I would recommend the following:

NEC - Get very aquainted with the index, definitions and table of contents

Calculations For The Electrical Exam (Tom Henry) - If you know this book inside and out it is 70% of the exam.

Grounding vs. Bonding (Mike Holt) - Another great book and will help on the exam.

That was all I used (plus the fire alarm book and NJ law book). I passed first time wth 96s across the board. Do not sweat the exam. Study right and you will find it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.