NJ Generator Gas Piping Certificate

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Has anyone who installs gas generators in New Jersey taken the 2 hour seminar to install the gas piping for the generator? I received a CEU advertisement for a 2-hour seminar that is mandatory for any electricians who work on generator gas piping. Has anyone taken one of these seminars? This is all I could find about it:
P.L. 2019, c. 260 establishes that a licensed electrical contractor who has completed continuing education in the installation of gas piping relevant to electric generators is authorized to install, maintain, or repair gas piping associated with electric generators without holding a license from the Board. The proposed amendments effectuate P.L. 2019, c. 260.

Ken_S

Occupation
Electrician
FWIW from an inspection standpoint I haven't seen any permit applications from electrical contractors performing their own gas piping. Most applications are from bigger companies that hold multiple licenses or applications with another licensed plumbing or mechanical contractor that will complete the gas.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
FWIW from an inspection standpoint I haven't seen any permit applications from electrical contractors performing their own gas piping. Most applications are from bigger companies that hold multiple licenses or applications with another licensed plumbing or mechanical contractor that will complete the gas.
My brother in law is a EC and he installs generators and does his own gas work. I'll have to ask him if he took this type of seminar. Is anyone checking for the 2 hour certificate?