no pnl just pull station and 6 inch bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimimac

anyone
i am a inside wiremen ,new contractor who needs a good fire alarm installation book .How do you wire a stand alone pull station and bell.
This is for a board and care home???? (help)
thank you
jimimac

peter d

A boarding home is not the place to cut your teeth on a fire alarm system. In fact, if you don't know how to wire a FA system, you shouldn't touch them at all. A single mistake can have massive consequences. A book isn't going to help you that much. You need real field experience with supplemental classroom training to learn how to properly install these systems.

My advice would be to walk away from the job, or at the very least enlist someone who is qualified and experienced with FA systems to help you.

Alarm contractor license

Alarm contractor license

In most states you have to have a seperate certification and license to qualify for alarm installations... not to mention a hefty liablity insurance policy.
Doing alarm installations opens your company up to enormous liablity risk. If you are still intent on trying there are DIY alarm website forums for help:
http://forum.homesecuritystore.com/
http://www.diyalarmforum.com/

jimimac

los angeles firemarshall: a single 120v bell tied to a pull station in a board and care . this is just wired like a switch (pull station)and a light(the bell),120v.
pull lever bell sounds.this passed elec. inspection and fire marshall inspec.

mdshunk

jimimac said:
los angeles firemarshall: a single 120v bell tied to a pull station in a board and care . this is just wired like a switch (pull station)and a light(the bell),120v.
pull lever bell sounds.this passed elec. inspection and fire marshall inspec.
That sounds like the wackiest "fire alarm" that I've ever heard of, but glad it worked out for you.

orgonfire

Pick your source then the equipment to match.. run a switch leg through the pull station, apply power, and then.. ding ! ding ! ding ! ding !
That was the easy part. Now you have to deal with local codes, NFPA compliances, permits, etc.. and oh no.. the AHJ.

Nothing right in my left brain,
nothing left in my right brain.
'Ever since then I've seen the past in one eye and the present in the other'

Status
Not open for further replies.