Non-Contact Phase Rotation Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

360Youth

I guess I can not really fault anyone that does not have one of these, as it has taken us quite a while to break down and get one, but I have to ask, if you do not have one, why not?? If you use a rotation meter even only on rare occasions, I highly recommend picking one of these up. We had to fix some high leg placement and rotation for an ATS and decided to get the new meter because of lug inaccesability for the tradtion meters. All we had to do was clamp the lead at any point along the conductor. The body of it even attaches mageneticly for easier use anywhere within the enclosure. Well worth it, IMO. Just another 'for what it's worth" post.

312910.gif

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
That's interesting, I didn't know they made one that didn't need to be clamped on the lug when doing phase rotation. I was actually just looking at this one on Amazon last night, I've been meaning to pick up a non-contact phase/motor rotation meter for a while now.

http://www.amazon.com/AEMC-Model-Ph...TF8&coliid=I1VNP1F6DO92TL&colid=3VY5Z0ZUY399R

Fluke makes one of these but it's only good up to 400VAC, so that's a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.