notching bottom of structural slab in Condo

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchleg45

We all know it is grossly negligent to notch into the underside of a floor/ceiling deck in a multi-storey to embed the wiring to the ceiling fan. But it happens more often than we know. I have refused to perform this procedure on a recent job only to find out later that it actually 'was' done. And the City of Naples electrical inspector looked right at it and said nothing...nada. And if I bring up the issue I will likely lose a client. What gives?
And these "contractors" say "what!?..we do it all the time!..whats the problem?'

Cavie

We all know it is grossly negligent to notch into the underside of a floor/ceiling deck in a multi-storey to embed the wiring to the ceiling fan. But it happens more often than we know. I have refused to perform this procedure on a recent job only to find out later that it actually 'was' done. And the City of Naples electrical inspector looked right at it and said nothing...nada. And if I bring up the issue I will likely lose a client. What gives?
And these "contractors" say "what!?..we do it all the time!..whats the problem?'

Loose a client or Loose you license, your choice! Do you think the licenseing board is gonna care if THEY "do it all the time"??

Status
Not open for further replies.