NYS DOS Adopts New CSST Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbalsam1

2008 or 2005 or both in NYS?

2008 or 2005 or both in NYS?

A question that I have is this: I continue to hear that the 2008 NEC will be adopted for both residential and commercial in New York state. If this is the truth, why would the 2005 be referenced in the newly-adopted CSST rules?

Here's one of the references in the new CSST rules:

"Such standards are available for public inspection and copying at the office of the New York State Department of State specified in subdivision (a) of this section. In addition, the 2005 edition of standard NFPA 70, entitled ?National Electrical Code? (said standard being hereinafter referred to as NFPA 70-2005) shall be deemed to be one of the standards incorporated by reference into this Part 1224. The name and address of the publisher of NFPA 70-2005 from which copies of said standard may be obtained are:
National Fire Protection Association
Batterymarch Park
Quincy, MA 02269.
NFPA 70-2005 is available for public inspection and copying at the office of the New York State Department of State specified in subdivision (a) of this section."

wbalsam1

An update

An update

OKAY.

At the risk of hogging this entire topic thus far....:)

I've found out a little more about what's happening in New York State with regard to upcoming code changes. September 29th, 2010, was the point at which the 2008 NEC could be used in place of the 2005 and/or 2002. It (2008 NEC) becomes enacted in December of 2010 as the code to use for residential and commercial. The text of the CSST (effective 9/29/2010) rules will be amended to reflect the 2008 NEC as part of the language used in adopting our new building codes.

There is also discussion and paperwork starting to adopt the 2011 on an emergency ruling shortly after it comes out. This will truly be a landslide event should it actually take place. Imagine a state such as NY using a current code. Who'd a thunk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.