Occupancy sensor options

Hey guys, I have a three story building we just did a lighting upgrade and the owner also wants to add OC sensors. This will not be straightforward as there are many big rooms, switches in weird spots, etc. Due to these factors and the rooms being jam packed with stuff, I am looking at needing 3-4 ceiling mount in many rooms. I just wanted to make sure I know about all the product options. In particular, is there anything wireless or low voltage worth considering in an application like this?

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
I'd implement Lutron Vive. You'll have to install power packs for each zone of control, but they can be paired to wireless occ sensors. That'll save you a lot of LV wiring. A variety of power packs type are available, but in the event that any one zone would be exceeding the amperage limitation for a single power pack, multiple power packs can be paired to the same occupancy sensor/s to have them still function as a single zone operationally.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Hey guys, I have a three story building we just did a lighting upgrade and the owner also wants to add OC sensors. This will not be straightforward as there are many big rooms, switches in weird spots, etc. Due to these factors and the rooms being jam packed with stuff, I am looking at needing 3-4 ceiling mount in many rooms. I just wanted to make sure I know about all the product options. In particular, is there anything wireless or low voltage worth considering in an application like this?
IMO, you can go with any system. I recommend you reach out to your favorite supply house, or even better you favorite lighting distributor and let them do the design work for you. Wattstopper, System Sensor, Lutron, they will all do the leg work for you and depending on the complexity, come our afterward for startup.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
IMO, you can go with any system. I recommend you reach out to your favorite supply house, or even better you favorite lighting distributor and let them do the design work for you. Wattstopper, System Sensor, Lutron, they will all do the leg work for you and depending on the complexity, come our afterward for startup.
Agree. I would double down on working with your favorite supply house because it always seems like you need just one more thing and you want to work with someone who will work with you.

Mdlewis1228

New User
Occupation
Electricain
I'd implement Lutron Vive. You'll have to install power packs for each zone of control, but they can be paired to wireless occ sensors. That'll save you a lot of LV wiring. A variety of power packs type are available, but in the event that any one zone would be exceeding the amperage limitation for a single power pack, multiple power packs can be paired to the same occupancy sensor/s to have them still function as a single zone operationally.
THEY ALSO HAVE A REALLY COOL APP THAT CAN CONTROL YOUR LIGHTS VIA PHONE