Occupancy Sensor Override

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dquist

I'm Trying to understand what is required when a plan calls for a Ceiling occupancy sensor override switch. Is the intent only to be able to keep the light off? (i.e for a projector) In that case it is simple enough to have the hot pass through a normal switch. But what about the case of a "forced on?" Is this a requirement of these override switches? Or is it only forced off?

I also have a set of plans which is calling for momentary contact switches. Is this so the area will be able to default back to occupancy sensor control? (Using a normally open MC switch)

Thanks for the help.

MNSparky

Occupation
Electrical Contractor - 2023 NEC
My guess is you'd have to talk to the architect or designer that made these requirements to find out what they actually wanted the switching to do.

Electric-Light

I'm Trying to understand what is required when a plan calls for a Ceiling occupancy sensor override switch. Is the intent only to be able to keep the light off? (i.e for a projector) In that case it is simple enough to have the hot pass through a normal switch. But what about the case of a "forced on?" Is this a requirement of these override switches? Or is it only forced off?

I also have a set of plans which is calling for momentary contact switches. Is this so the area will be able to default back to occupancy sensor control? (Using a normally open MC switch)

Thanks for the help.

NO MC switch is a switch that functions like a keyboard button. A combination of clicks and holds tells the controller what to do. handles the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.