Occupancy sensors / power packs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the dt-300 and the power pack, it will have a toggle switch, can someone explain the proper way of wiring the power pack, on the power pack, the black and the red, go to your hot, and the other red will go to the switch leg is this the correct way

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

gar

Occupation
EE
170903-0735 EDT

I really have no idea what you are talking about. Totally inadequate information.

So I did an Internet search. DT-300 maps to many things. I settled on page 5 of https://www.platt.com/CutSheets/Wattstoper/DT-300 Instal.pdf as probably what you are talking about.

With your product I would have expected that these instructions would have been included. It seems to me the answer to your question is provided in the diagram on page 5. Is it not clear to you that the two red wires are from a relay contact in the "power pack"? Whatever that relay contact is the implication is that which red wire goes to hot and which to load makes no difference. Basically it is an isolated relay contact.

Brian S.

wiring the powerpack of unknow model

wiring the powerpack of unknow model

You are correct the black and white wire com from you power feed. The two red wires are your load switch wires one red to hot and other red to load. You will need a 3 wire going to the low voltage occupancy sensor I Prefer shielded cable. The 18 or 20 gauge red+24 black-24 and blue control From power pack goto the occupancy sensor(s). I'm assuming the toggle switch is for an override on, you need to run low voltage wire to switch have it connect to the red +24 and the blue control wire. Model of power pack would be helpful but this should work for most configurations.

macmikeman

You can buy high quality line voltage occupancy sensors. I don't understand why anyone would even mess around and try putting in the relay type.

Specs? Write a letter to the engineer and inform him of his stupidity.
Stress the word stupidity in the letter with bold font.

Electric-Light

You can buy high quality line voltage occupancy sensors. I don't understand why anyone would even mess around and try putting in the relay type.

Stress the word stupidity in the letter with bold font.

Gee great answer except I have never put an occupancy sensor into residential, only commercial office spaces, line connected.....

What's your strong hate towards remote sensor systems? The point of relay system is to avoid having to run a bunch of line voltage wires and improve control system flexibility.

IMFOTP

What about spaces where you'll need two sensors for full area coverage? Like a classroom? Or a corridor? Or a multi purpose room? Or a Lobby? Maybe any area not a small office, toilet or janitors closet?

Write that letter telling the engineer how stupid he is and he'll make that job a living hell for you, guarantee it.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
What about spaces where you'll need two sensors for full area coverage? Like a classroom? Or a corridor? Or a multi purpose room? Or a Lobby? Maybe any area not a small office, toilet or janitors closet?

Write that letter telling the engineer how stupid he is and he'll make that job a living hell for you, guarantee it.

Exactly right. I once worked at a winery, and their testing and fermenting area had 5 entrance points. Big room that was cut up like a jigsaw puzzle piece.

4 ceiling sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.