Off the shelf work order system

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCEI

Occupation
President/Owner, Wayne Cook Electric, Inc.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a work order system they lends itself to the electrical service industry? We had one custom made, and it met our needs until we outgrew its usefulness. The company that developed it is no longer around. Instead of going to the expense of having a program custom made again, I just want to see what's out there and available off the shelf. Thank you.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Do they have to be printable ?

I use Asana for project management but also for service work scheduling. Idk if there’s a way to print a task, I’ve never tried. Basically you assign a task to someone and it sends them an email and an alert from the app, they login and view it. Each user can add comments etc, files, pictures ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCEI

Occupation
President/Owner, Wayne Cook Electric, Inc.
Do they have to be printable ?

I use Asana for project management but also for service work scheduling. Idk if there’s a way to print a task, I’ve never tried. Basically you assign a task to someone and it sends them an email and an alert from the app, they login and view it. Each user can add comments etc, files, pictures ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. I'll look into it. I appreciate your reply.
And printable would be nice, but not mandatory. We typically email the work orders. We also use a team calendar that has pertinent information about jobs that the crews can access as needed. These two different programs that we use now are not compatable, so we can only copy and paste to move information. I hope to find a single program that incooperates both. I googled Asana briefly, and I see some features similar to what we use. So more research will be done. Again, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

controlled

What is it that you want it to do?
I use T&M Billing Manager. Its made by same people that make EBM estimating software. Simply fill out customer request from a pc or phone. Then send to the info your your field tech. They receive it, and fill out what was done, labour, and material used. Material pricing is part of the online database, so your techs dont need to enter anything but the quantities of material used, the hours worked and any other expense. The customer signs on the techs mobile device. The info is then automatically sent back to the office for billing

paulengr

We use google calendar for a 7 man contract service crew. The office uses custom quote/billing software that isn’t very service friendly so we just keep the service calls in the calendar system. It sounds primitive but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.