Office Furnishing / Wired Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearState

We usually receive a furniture plan from the architect showing the electrified/wired partitions and none of the plans would show the number of receptacles per cubicle, I guess nobody knows. All they indicate is the number of wires I should provide (number of hots, neutral, gnd, iso gnd). How many watts/VA power should I account per cubicle in my design? What is the standard in the Industry?

Thank you for your help.

skeshesh

The furny plans should show you a desk and a seat so you can assuming 400-500VA for a computer, another 100VA for a monitor at the desk. In addition I add a convinience receptacle or two and use 180VA for those. For more definite purposes. Use your common sense and try to get the architect to give you more detail about the needs of the occupant. I try to ask the architects that I work with for some sort of electrical criteria layout or elevation for each typical room. The prewired furniture that serves larger occupants such as conference room/multi-purpose room tables and casework get a bit more hairy, but basically I take the same approach of determining how many people will use it regularly and what the connected load may be (usually computers).

cadpoint

Call the interior designer and ask for the model for the wall partations.
Ask what's in the partation wipe. Call the manufacture and ask them as well...

I'd consider 3 min. circuits per cubic pair or triple link, 1" pipe to a deep 4.11/16, flex 90? out of a flush cover...but it's just an opinion...

Someone else can link the recent conversation on the same subject...

Thank in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.