Online Electrical Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Anyone know of a good online commercial or just electrical wiring training program/course? I see schools like Allison, ashworth and feel they offer sub par training. Thanks.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Anyone know of a good online commercial or just electrical wiring training program/course? I see schools like Allison, ashworth and feel they offer sub par training. Thanks.

Are you looking for training in actual wiring or in code? I don't think you can learn the muscle memory required to do good wiring over the internet. I think you actually have to do it thousands of times before you get any good at it.

Just out of curiosity what makes you think these particular schools are subpar? Do you have experience with students who were trained by these schools who are subpar? Personally I never heard of either one of them but I'm just curious where you got this impression.

mstrlucky74

Are you looking for training in actual wiring or in code? I don't think you can learn the muscle memory required to do good wiring over the internet. I think you actually have to do it thousands of times before you get any good at it.

Just out of curiosity what makes you think these particular schools are subpar? Do you have experience with students who were trained by these schools who are subpar? Personally I never heard of either one of them but I'm just curious where you got this impression.

Actual wiring which I guess needs to be taught hands on. Heard some not so great things about them.

I have been through an apprenticeship school and enjoyed every minute of it. When you go to a physical class location, you learn and laugh from other students in your class. There are no outside distractions and its an easier platform to communicate concepts. That said apprenticeship school then went to online only and lost ALOT of enrollment because students felt like they weren't learning anything staring at a computer screen. There is no replacement or substitute for in class training. Especially if your apprenticeship has a lab available.

I teach third year electrical for an apprenticeship school here in WA. I could not imagine putting my class online and hoping that all students understand the concepts I'm teaching that day. I wouldn't know if students are actually listening and paying attention. It's much better seeing the whites of their eyes! I'm sure they would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.