OPs manager and Sales question

Occupation
Project Manager
Fellow Sparkies,

I have been an electrician for about 25 years, owned my own company, currently a senior project manager on an EV account, the co I work for lost their client and I will be jobless soon.

I say all of that because a buddy of mine wants me to come run his shop for/with him.

He is a Nationwide rollout electrical and lighting company.

My question's are what is an average salary for a VP of Ops position? What is an average commission for brining in additional clients? I know what I want to ask for, but do not know market averages. What questions or concerns would you have?

He has been in business around 4 years, and currently on target to make 5 mil this year. I am confident I can refine some processes and bring in additional clients and get that up to 8 in a year.

Thank you in advance for the info.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
a buddy of mine wants me to come run his shop
..what is an average salary for a VP of Ops position?
If you use the forum search for variations of the RMO acronym, you will find a history of disgruntled professionals adverse to liability for management-run laborer shops.

On the other end of the spectrum, searching for partnership may show less results, rarely discussed, perhaps ending like marriages, before getting started.

I suspect this forum would have less to offer, and more to gain from your experience.

Last edited:
Occupation
Project Manager
I appreciate the quick response.

Do you have any advice places to look for advice on the topic?

If I follow through I will be haply to bring back my experiences.