Oregon LEA exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princealbert

I'm taking my Oregon LEA license test and am wondering if someone could give me some specifics as to what to expect. What format are the questions? What did the test focus on? Did it take you 3 hours to complete? What materials did you take with you. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mgookin

I'm taking my Oregon LEA license test and am wondering if someone could give me some specifics as to what to expect. What format are the questions? What did the test focus on? Did it take you 3 hours to complete? What materials did you take with you. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whoever is proctoring the test should have a syllabus available to tell you how many questions are in what content area, what reference materials the test is based on, the rules pertaining to test day, what you need for pencils, calculator, etc... You need to start there and get that.

Then you need to get the reference materials and learn it inside and out.
Read the table of contents to learn the layout of the book(s).
Read the index to familiarize yourself with the nomenclature.

You can and should read the whole book, but you're never going to remember table content. You need to learn when you need that table, where it is in the book, and how to interpret it.

Find sample test questions, as many as you can. Just do ten questions and then check your answers. This is going to teach you the format of the questions and what to be careful of, what to invest your time on, etc. Then do ten more questions, etc...

On test day go through and answer the questions you can answer in a timely fashion. Don't get hung up on a question you don't understand. Put a little mark by it on the answer sheet and come back to it. Often you'll learn something else later on in the test which will answer that question, or it will become clear to you. Manage your time!

Mike Holt (the owner of this site) has awesome training materials. I don't know if there's anything specific to Oregon or not.

Good luck on the test.
Welcome to the forums.

jumper

Whoever is proctoring the test should have a syllabus available to tell you how many questions are in what content area, what reference materials the test is based on, the rules pertaining to test day, what you need for pencils, calculator, etc... You need to start there and get that.

Then you need to get the reference materials and learn it inside and out.
Read the table of contents to learn the layout of the book(s).
Read the index to familiarize yourself with the nomenclature.

You can and should read the whole book, but you're never going to remember table content. You need to learn when you need that table, where it is in the book, and how to interpret it.

Find sample test questions, as many as you can. Just do ten questions and then check your answers. This is going to teach you the format of the questions and what to be careful of, what to invest your time on, etc. Then do ten more questions, etc...

On test day go through and answer the questions you can answer in a timely fashion. Don't get hung up on a question you don't understand. Put a little mark by it on the answer sheet and come back to it. Often you'll learn something else later on in the test which will answer that question, or it will become clear to you. Manage your time!

Mike Holt (the owner of this site) has awesome training materials. I don't know if there's anything specific to Oregon or not.

Good luck on the test.
Welcome to the forums.

Nice advice, well done.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.