Oregon Supervisors Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaKen

Occupation
Electrician
I am preparing to take the Oregon Supervisors Exam in the near future and I have a few questions for anyone that has recently taken this exam. I was a journeyman for almost 15 years and I have been out of the trade for the past ten years. So, any advice on this exam would be appreciated

1) In addition to Mike Holt products, are there any other resources that would be good to study?
2) Are there any industrial calculations on the exam?
3) Does anyone know what the pass rate is for the exam. Especially after only studying Mike Holt products?

Thank you in advance for giving me any kind of advice or even encouragement. I heard that it was a pretty ugly test to take.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Geez its been over a dozen years since I took mine.

1) In addition to Mike Holt products, are there any other resources that would be good to study?
The Oregon Electrical Specialty Code, and the Oregon one and two family Dwelling code, the Oregon Solar installation Specialty Code.
Thankfully most of that you can get for free online.
2) Are there any industrial calculations on the exam?
Yes
3) Does anyone know what the pass rate is for the exam. Especially after only studying Mike Holt products?
Its not very high.
Thank you in advance for giving me any kind of advice or even encouragement.
Good luck!, I dont do any exam prep classes (I do a few others) but there is a retired inspector named John Powell whom has a well known prep class https://www.electtrainnw.com/
I heard that it was a pretty ugly test to take.
In most other states it would be like a EIT exam for electrical, Oregon pretty much considers a Bona fide EE with an stamp and a Supervisor with a signature to be equals.
If I remember right its 2 parts 52 questions and calculation with 12 questions.

BeaKen

Occupation
Electrician
Geez its been over a dozen years since I took mine.

The Oregon Electrical Specialty Code, and the Oregon one and two family Dwelling code, the Oregon Solar installation Specialty Code.
Thankfully most of that you can get for free online.

Yes

Its not very high.

Good luck!, I dont do any exam prep classes (I do a few others) but there is a retired inspector named John Powell whom has a well known prep class https://www.electtrainnw.com/

In most other states it would be like a EIT exam for electrical, Oregon pretty much considers a Bona fide EE with an stamp and a Supervisor with a signature to be equals.
If I remember right its 2 parts 52 questions and calculation with 12 questions.
Thank you for replying! That helps. I know about the electrical specialty code, but I didn't know about the solar specialty code. I found it online. I thought about John Powell's class, but because I have been out of the trade for so long I didn't feel that I could keep up. I'm hoping that Mike Holt's comprehensive materials will work.

Do you know of any reference materials specific to industrial calcs. All I'm finding is commercial and residential calcs?

lauraj

If you can do a commercial calc, you should be able to handle an industrial calculations. Just be sure you understand motor and welder portion of loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.