Oscilloscope

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I assume you're talking portable... you can get cards to slide into your desktop computer...
How big a screen on the portable models? And what kind of resolution? Can they capture data to a thumb drive and view it enlarged at full resolution on your desktop?

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
Personally I'm not sure because I'm still shopping. My oscilloscope is older than dirt with a CRT display and not exactly portable.

But I've seen little portables as low as 8 bucks on Ali. Just looking at this one now, but not done reading up on it

Shaneyj

Occupation
Project Engineer
I was surprised at how low some of these are priced. Even a Fluke model.
Any recommendations for $400 or below? That would have been my limit for seldom used tools.

Siglent SDS1202X-E 200 for less than 400.
Daily use for automotive, process signal measurement, CANbus, serial, and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retirede

My B&K Precision bit the dust a couple decades ago. I haven’t had a real need to replace it. There are rare occasions when I miss it, though.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I bought a used BK Precision scope a few years ago for less than $150. For my occasional use it works well.

20180224_124639-01.jpeg

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
What about these multimeter/oscilloscopes.? How capable are they? I see some are 2 channel. Can I get an amp clamp adapter so I can simultaneously watch voltage and current? How well will they show distortions from 6 pulse drives, and switching power supplies? I really don't know what to expect from one.

BTW, I seriously did have the Philco Jr. back in the 70's