Outdoor CB Sub-Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

straps

I am presently at the design stage but we plan on running 2" PVC from inside the church to the outside and come up from 18 inch depth to a cb panel.A distance of 165 feet. I plan on useing #2 thhn What is the minium height I can get away with for the panel height.I want to keep it as low as possible. As for the time being we plan to coneal the panel inside a rubbermaid shed. We plan on useing unistrut to mount the panel on.till next year when a outside Baptistry will be built. We plan on going further on with inch and a half to a sub panel 222 feet away for 4 outlets and a sign for the church. The outlets are for Christmas lighting small displays only ( I hope) :cool:

mdshunk

Re: Outdoor CB Sub-Panel

Originally posted by straps:
...we plan on running 2" PVC from inside the church...
Why did that statement just give me the willies?

[ September 05, 2005, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: mdshunk ]

iwire

Staff member

What is the minium height I can get away with for the panel height
A panel can sit on the floor if you want, I suppose it could sit just off the dirt as well.

Outside baptistry? This might also be considered a pool panel feeder by most inspectors.
It is a pool feeder. :)

680.2 Definitions.
Pool. Manufactured or field-constructed equipment designed to contain water on a permanent or semipermanent basis and used for swimming, wading, or other purposes.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Originally posted by iwire:
. . . or other purposes.
Those "other purposes" will get you every time! ;)

[ September 05, 2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: LarryFine ]

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)

is to a bird :)
kinda like my service pole is a "structure" :roll:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Originally posted by LawnGuyLandSparky:
So, my birdbath is really a pool?!?!
Yep:
680.2 Definitions.
Pool. Manufactured or field-constructed equipment designed to contain water on a permanent or semipermanent basis and used for swimming, wading, or other purposes.

There's those "other purposes" again!
:p

LawnGuyLandSparky

In winter I drop a heater in it. So there's a receptacle within 6' of it's base... but not within 20' but no closer than 10' of the inside wall of the birdbath. :roll:

Oh and the post it's on is metal and not bonded. :eek:

cselectric

I'm afraid your bird bath is rife with code violations. Now, if a bird were to be electrocuted, you would be financially liable. I hear the jurys in bird court are pretty harsh. :D

straps

Guys get back on subject.
Seriously a bird bath
Sounds like an inspector gone insane

jwelectric

Originally posted by LawnGuyLandSparky:
So, my birdbath is really a pool?!?!
No it is not a pool and these other old timers should not be leading you astray such as you have been led.

I want to apologize for their misleading you in such a manner as this. I am sure that they did not mean to be doing this on purpose.

It is very clear that your bird bath is NOT a pool but it will fall under the criteria of part I of 680 due to it being a body of water. It will also fall under the criteria of part V of 680 because this little old bird bath of yours falls under the definition of a Fountain. Fountains, ornamental pools, display pools, and reflection pools.

Now let?s keep those little old birds safe and be sure to change the water at least every two days.
:)

iwire

Staff member

allied-heated-bird-bath.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.