Outdoor shower

Status
Not open for further replies.

stedder

Are there requirements for outdoor showers related to equipotential bonding? Shower is wood, partially enclosed with roof, three walls, offset opening. The floor is wood slats raised about a foot above grade. Plumbing is derived from house plumbing (hard piped) and there I'd to be an overhead recessed with a weathertight switch mounted outside of the enclosure. Bluestone walk from inground pool and past toward studio. I have completed the ep bonding ring at pool and spa and was wondering if it was/should be required here too. Shower is about 20 yards fro. The pool and attached to the house.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Unless there are metal shower parts within 5' of the pool I can't think of any requirement to bond the shower.

kwired

Electron manager
You can bond things if you want, but not required.

Having a shower on slab on grade or in a basement is mostly the same situation. I have run into stray voltage problems with those when there is voltage on the service neutral, particularly when plumbing supplying the shower is metallic piping. Even more of a problem when the drain is metallic piping.

Status
Not open for further replies.