outdoor support for meter/panels

Occupation
Electrician
I know that typically wooden posts and unistrut are used as structural support in the ground for meters and panels, but I was wondering what the general consensus on using something like this would be:

I can't think right now of any verbiage that the NEC has regarding the support of outdoor equipment but if I stuck a few of these in the ground, put a treated post on top, and ran the horizontal unistrut supports like normal do you think that would be good by code?

Occupation
Electrician
Good point about the poco. I read through the service manual for my local poco after seeing your comment and they only accept unistrut in the ground.

Oh well.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
I know that typically wooden posts and unistrut are used as structural support in the ground for meters and panels, but I was wondering what the general consensus on using something like this would be:

I can't think right now of any verbiage that the NEC has regarding the support of outdoor equipment but if I stuck a few of these in the ground, put a treated post on top, and ran the horizontal unistrut supports like normal do you think that would be good by code?
POCO has requirements for the supporting structure for the service entry and meter. Will vary depending on the POCO involved. Have one that will accept 4x4 posts another insists on 6x6's.

kwired

Electron manager
That post anchor won't give the post much for strength against lateral forces on a post that has nothing connected to the top end.

It is intended for things like decks, carports, etc. that will have more structure attached to the top end and with most the load bearing being downward vertical in nature.

Occupation
Electrician
That post anchor won't give the post much for strength against lateral forces on a post that has nothing connected to the top end.

It is intended for things like decks, carports, etc. that will have more structure attached to the top end and with most the load bearing being downward vertical in nature.
When I was originally imagining it, I was thinking of temp services and panels.