Outside feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwm1752

I have 2 independent services (200 amp pedestals about 4' apart) a single feeder from each service runs to an in ground splice box -- exiting out of the splice box is a single conduit -- both feeders occupy this conduit to feed exterior pumps. no structures are involved

what NEC Code (if any)would deem this non compliant?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I have 2 independent services (200 amp pedestals about 4' apart) a single feeder from each service runs to an in ground splice box -- exiting out of the splice box is a single conduit -- both feeders occupy this conduit to feed exterior pumps. no structures are involved

can't identify a violation

tw1156

I had asked a similar question not too long ago at the following Thread link: http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=191185

It was deemed to also be code compliant, despite me thinking it was a potential issue.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I had asked a similar question not too long ago at the following Thread link: http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=191185

It was deemed to also be code compliant, despite me thinking it was a potential issue.

You do realize that it is a violation of Forum rules to get the same answer on two related subjects within a selected time frame :D
Obviously not enough folks participated. We can not accept a consensus

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
What could be a possible issue? In general normal feeders can occupy the same raceway regardless of their origin.

jap

Occupation
Electrician

Depending on the size of the single conduit, and the size and characteristics of the conductors,,,, Conduit fill or possibly de-rating issues at most.

JAP>

Status
Not open for further replies.