Overhead Electrical Conductor Clearances

ROHM

Occupation
Engineer
I have a project to install a fire barrier wall near a transformer. The fire barrier will be grounded. The wall will be in close proximity to one of the overhead conductors on the transformer. It is a 13.8 KV conductor. Is there a minimum clearance requirement from that conductor to the fire barrier? I have not been able to find any specific NEC literature which states specific distances. If anyone can point me to such documents, that would be much appreciated. General opinions on the application are also welcome.

Elect117

Occupation
Engineer E.E. P.E.
I think you will find a better answer in the NESC than the NEC. I am calling all of this out as if this is a substation style transformer.

There are a few things to consider. Is the wall also meant to keep out unauthorized personnel? Are there Relays or similar on the transformer that have working spaces. Any disconnects or overhead switching that would need to be used. Are you crossing any area with traffic considerations like where someone would park their bucket truck to do work or maintenance. Where will a crane pick up and drop the transformer? Do you have to cross that point overhead? Is this all within a restricted area only accessible to qualified persons. etc.