Overhead pole selection cost estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstrick2

I am trying to put together a budgetary estimate for an overhead distribution run (6.9kv).

I am awaiting the reply of 3 different vendors on pole pricing, but they seem to be taking longer than expected.

Anyone have a good gauge of pole pricing for wood vs. steel? It would only be 10 poles or so tops.

A percentage difference is really all I need.

The only pricing I seem to find thus far is from "Wood Pole Coalition" and similar type documents and I am guessing there is some possible bias there :D

Thanks.

HighWirey

jstrick2 said:
I am trying to put together a budgetary estimate for an overhead distribution run (6.9kv).
I am awaiting the reply of 3 different vendors on pole pricing, but they seem to be taking longer than expected.
Anyone have a good gauge of pole pricing for wood vs. steel? It would only be 10 poles or so tops. A percentage difference is really all I need.
The only pricing I seem to find thus far is from "Wood Pole Coalition" and similar type documents and I am guessing there is some possible bias there :D
Thanks.

Await your vendors quotations. Then you can make your own accurate comparision. Asking here is like asking 'how high is up'.

BTW, my vendors always "seem to be taking longer than expected".

Best Wishes Everyone

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
charlie said:
But that would total installed cost with a very healthy built in profit margin. :smile:
I don't know how healthy it is but it seems very pricey. As I understand it, part of the cost is the cost of maintaining them forever after installation.

charlie

petersonra said:
I don't know how healthy it is but it seems very pricey. As I understand it, part of the cost is the cost of maintaining them forever after installation.
Interesting. We are permitted to recover the total installed cost without any profit margin or future maintenance costs. :smile:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
charlie said:
Interesting. We are permitted to recover the total installed cost without any profit margin or future maintenance costs. :smile:
I am not real sure how it works here, but why would the utility not be allowed any profit when installing poles they won't own?

charlie

petersonra said:
I am not real sure how it works here, but why would the utility not be allowed any profit when installing poles they won't own?
For some reason, that went over my head. We would not even install poles for someone else. :smile:

mdshunk

I don't know where you're at to guess what class of pole and the loading might be, but I charge $600 for every pole, installed, complete with a jewelry arm. More (almost double) for dead ends and direction changes. This is using penta poles.

Status
Not open for further replies.