overhead wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow

Need help withthis one I'm doing a job where i need to run overhead wires from one pole to another pole over water to power lights in park. Arial cable is tryplex.I running 2 hots and insulated nuetral from meter up the pole and connecting insulated nuetral to bare wire on tryplex going back to meter with breakers.never did this before . cant find anything in code book .I think I'm doing it right but want to make sure Thanks for yourhelp you guys are the best . PS does anyone know what the going rate per hourfor statework in ma. is i just dont wantto get jipped by my boss. thanks .

iwire

Staff member
shadow said:
I running 2 hots and insulated nuetral from meter up the pole and connecting insulated nuetral to bare wire on tryplex going back to meter with breakers.

Where is your EGC?

CopperTone

boston area prevailing wage rate right now for a journeyman is $61.57
worcester area is $50 and change.
it should be posted on the jobsite and you have the right to ask your boss to see the rate sheets. otherwise call the labor board in boston and tell them what town you're working in and ask them the rate.
your boss wouldn't have bid the job without knowing the proper rate - even if he doesn't want to pay you that - which he has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.