Owner apllied electric permit in an industrial plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamsden

Does anyone have any information in regards to the owner appling for an electric permit in a Non-profit Shale Oil research and Development plant to upgrade the tired Switch gear if they have a Master Electrician on staff to do the upgrades? Or does he need a permit if the work is done and supervised by the master?

Thanks.

kwired

Electron manager
This is totally dependent on laws of the AHJ at the location, and can be different from State to State, or even city, county or other jurisdiction to another. You need to contact AHJ at the location this is to be done or someone familiar with the policies of that AHJ.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Here the owner of the property, not the business, can pull a permit to do any work, they then sign that either their "people" or a licensed contractor is going to do the work.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Does anyone have any information in regards to the owner appling for an electric permit in a Non-profit Shale Oil research and Development plant to upgrade the tired Switch gear if they have a Master Electrician on staff to do the upgrades? Or does he need a permit if the work is done and supervised by the master?

Thanks.

Under the laws of Colorado I believe this is legal. As a CO EC license holder I'm not sure I like it, but I think "thems the rules".

Status
Not open for further replies.