PA master electrican exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMentzerRich

New User
My husband and I have been searching high and low on info about taking the master electrician exam in PA. They offer an electrical cert at a local community college. It says" The curriculum has been approved by the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training, for the 144 hours of classroom training required in an electrical apprenticeship program." What are the prerequsities, where do you take the test, who offers it, how much is it? ANYTHING anyone can provide to steer us in the right direction would be tremendously appreciated.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I moved this post to it's own thread

I would call the dept. of Insurance or a contracting board. Much of PA does not require a license- so I am told so there may not be a state wide area organization.

Ingenieur

Pretty sure the Commonwealth does not license electricians
iirc some counties do

http://www.poweredelectrician.com/how-to-become-an-electrician-in-pennsylvania-pa/

The state of Pennsylvania has no requirements regarding the registration, certification or licensure of contractors that are engaged in the construction industry. Consequently, it is one of the relatively small number of states that does not require a state license for work as an electrician or electrical contractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.