Paint Mixing Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhawk111

We are currently in the process of installing new paint mixing equipment in an existing Class 1 Div 1 location. My concern is the touch screen monitor that comes off the Cpu has a standard cord plugged into it for its 120v power supply. There is also Cat 5 wire going back to the Cpu aswell as one leading to a scale. Do these cables have to be protected from the monitor to CPU which is outside this room in a safe location? Or can they remain as it shipped from the factory? The Monitor is XP proof and has proper labeling on its case. Secondly, the scale attached to this set up has low voltage power supply or transformer plugged into it? How is that code? Or XP proof at all? Yet again the case on the scale is XP proof. Thanks for any input!!

We are currently in the process of installing new paint mixing equipment in an existing Class 1 Div 1 location. My concern is the touch screen monitor that comes off the Cpu has a standard cord plugged into it for its 120v power supply. There is also Cat 5 wire going back to the Cpu aswell as one leading to a scale. Do these cables have to be protected from the monitor to CPU which is outside this room in a safe location? Or can they remain as it shipped from the factory? The Monitor is XP proof and has proper labeling on its case. Secondly, the scale attached to this set up has low voltage power supply or transformer plugged into it? How is that code? Or XP proof at all? Yet again the case on the scale is XP proof. Thanks for any input!!

If the monitor is labeled for Class I, Div. 1, then it should have installation instructions that should depict how is it to be installed in the hazardous area detailing seals and connection methods. I would be concerned with all components (scale, etc.) and their installation relative to an approved Area Classification documentation(drawing) that defines the extent of each Div. 1 and 2 areas and the chemicals involved including their AIT.

grady180

I agree with checking with the supplier of this equipment. I would think the transformer/power supply would need to be in an xproof enclosure and the monitors cord needs to be a fitted with the proper cord end to fit a twist lock xproof receptacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.