Palm Beach County Florida - Licensing / exam questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

artanis

Hi everyone,
I'm actually writing to get some information for my husband - hoping someone who lives / works in Palm Beach County FL can help us out. Currently, we live in Massachusetts. My husband has been persuing his MA state electrician license for some time now but is running into issues with his employer dragging his feet in helping him get his paperwork together. The application is long and complex. ANYWAY - we are planning to move to Florida (West Palm Beach area) before the end of the year, so he's been looking into getting his journeyman's license in Palm Beach county. It appears he meets the requirements - in education and experience. He graduated from his high school and has done an additional 3 years of continuing education. He's also been working under a licensed contractor for the last 13 years.

My Questions:
(1) Does anyone know if Palm Beach County will accept his work / school experience from out of state?
(2) Once paperwork / application is submitted, how long does it take to hear back if you are approved to take the exam?
(3) Once approved, do they schedule a specific time for you to take the exam or can you choose when you want it scheduled?
(4) How long does it take to get the exam results?
(5) How long does it take to actually get your license after you've passed the exam?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions, but being out of state we are finding it hard to get this information. Thanks for any help / information you can provide us! We have our first baby (boy!) on the way due in August, and it would really be great if he could get his license and find a job shortly around the time the baby is born so we can make the move to be closer to family.

Thanks again in advance for any help you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.