panel directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roddick

Hello,is there any easy software for residential panel directory?I usually do it in word pad so I do :1. kitchen rec. 2. refrigerator(etc)
but the electrical inspector said that he doesn't like it and he wants to have it more professionally.I don't think that preprinted forms where I have to fill it with marker are the right things.Thank you

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
A simple Excel spreadsheet is the easiest way. You can even add a custom logo for your company at the top.

DrSparks

The Everlasting Know-it-all!
Occupation
Master Electrician and General Contractor
The fancy labelers like the 3M PL200/300 can print circuit directories with the correct spacing for certain form factors.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Most manufacturers offer either an excel sheet or fillable pdf you can download. Square D & GE have PDF’s, Eaton offers .xls files.

My neighbor does apartments and tract homes and had a local print shop make him some pre-filled with his logo on it that are peel-and-stick; they use the same circuits numbers on every job.

I also have some custom panel schedules I made.

I have all of them saved in an iCloud folder, will gladly share if you want; just send me an email address.

Edit…. See if this link works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Most manufacturers offer either an excel sheet or fillable pdf you can download. Square D & GE have PDF’s, Eaton offers .xls files.

My neighbor does apartments and tract homes and had a local print shop make him some pre-filled with his logo on it that are peel-and-stick; they use the same circuits numbers on every job.

I also have some custom panel schedules I made.

I have all of them saved in an iCloud folder, will gladly share if you want; just send me an email address.

Edit…. See if this link works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't work.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Hello,is there any easy software for residential panel directory?I usually do it in word pad so I do :1. kitchen rec. 2. refrigerator(etc)
but the electrical inspector said that he doesn't like it and he wants to have it more professionally.I don't think that preprinted forms where I have to fill it with marker are the right things.Thank you
What is his complaint? Is it the level of detail?
I don't get it if it's not about the level of details, if it is legible and adequately describes the circuit it applies to, the code doesn't go beyond that.
The one big complaint usually is a label that is too vague, like Bob's Bedroom, (who is Bob?, and which of 4 bedrooms was Bob's?). More appropriately would be something like 2nd floor NE bedroom receptacles.
Like others have said even hand written, if legible, is code compliant.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Maybe the dining room is labeled "dinning" room?
Seen that a thousand times.
Sconce lights marked "sconts"

Smokies
Plugs
Lites
Ref + Din rec

Honestly, I've told inspectors that it's homeowners who go out of their way to spell properly, write neat, describe in detail, etc...

And it is abundantly professional to make it sloppy, illegible, misspelled, vague, etc

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I don't think it's up to the electrical inspector to decide how you labeled the panel boards. As long as it is accurate and legible I don't know that it's up to him to decide how you go about labeling it.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
I don't think it's up to the electrical inspector to decide how you labeled the panel boards. As long as it is accurate and legible I don't know that it's up to him to decide how you go about labeling it.
Other than required in 408.4(A) there is little added.
Is it legible? (Doesn't say typed) I provide typed because my printing is atrocious.
Does it clearly identify circuit with adequate details to distinguish it from all other circuits? (ie 4 kitchen circuits all marked just kitchen? needs more detail.)
Is identification means located on face or door of enclosure? (ie someone hanging the directory on the wall nearby?)
Is identification based on transient conditions of occupancy? (ie. Bob's bedroom)
Beyond the limited scope therein nothing enforceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.