Panel meter-can combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyIEC

Occupation
Resi electrical contractor
Changing out existing panel and meter. Would like to install panel/meter-can combo because of spacing requirements. The problem I have is the nipple entering home from back of existing panel would land inside of the meter-can section of the new combo. I’m curious as to what the requirements of branch circuits entering a meter can are. I could really use some help on this one. Thank you in advance

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Changing out existing panel and meter. Would like to install panel/meter-can combo because of spacing requirements. The problem I have is the nipple entering home from back of existing panel would land inside of the meter-can section of the new combo. I’m curious as to what the requirements of branch circuits entering a meter can are. I could really use some help on this one. Thank you in advance

Most POCOs (power companies) won't allow any conductors in the meter side other that the main SE conductors from their transformer.
Sounds like you will have to move the new meter combo then elbow up/down and LB into the panel inside. Either that or move the panel. Most certainly easier to move the meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.