Panel Over Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

I would like to know the quotes for the job. Do you think (I do) that it would be less time to change the guts and do the retofit than hinge the door and mount a surface panel? You would have to gut the old panel any way.

John120/240

I would like to know the quotes for the job. Do you think (I do) that it would be less time to change the guts and do the retofit than hinge the door and mount a surface panel? You would have to gut the old panel any way.

The old panel is embedded in the masonry wall & I would imagine the replacement is larger than the old panel. CH offered a replacement guts kit one time, & I wonder if it would fit in the old tub.

kwired

Electron manager
The old panel is embedded in the masonry wall & I would imagine the replacement is larger than the old panel. CH offered a replacement guts kit one time, & I wonder if it would fit in the old tub.

A little bit of what I was thinking - often a replacement panel is larger then the original, if the original is flush in a wall, especially a masonry wall, then putting the new over the old seems like it would be quickest method nearly every time. Sort of no different then building control panel with several components attached to a hinged door, anyone that does much industrial wiring probably has little trouble with doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.