Panelboard with 4 pole breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMAO

Hello,
I need a lighting panel for overseas application (Far East). Project specs requires it to have 4 pole main breaker; also, all loads are fed off 2 pole breakers but they're connected phase-neutral not phase-phase. Incoming voltage is 3 phase 380/400V so all loads are 220V.
This is an unusual set up to my experience so I am not sure where to look for. I am looking for something off-the-shelf or very short lead time.
Thanks

synchro

Occupation
EE
Hello,
I need a lighting panel for overseas application (Far East). Project specs requires it to have 4 pole main breaker; also, all loads are fed off 2 pole breakers but they're connected phase-neutral not phase-phase. Incoming voltage is 3 phase 380/400V so all loads are 220V.
This is an unusual set up to my experience so I am not sure where to look for. I am looking for something off-the-shelf or very short lead time.
Thanks
Do you need the panel in the US first to set it up, etc., or can you have it shipped directly to the customer location? I would think this would be an off-the-shelf item in Europe or other overseas locations, but not likely in the US.

LMAO

Do you need the panel in the US first to set it up, etc., or can you have it shipped directly to the customer location? I would think this would be an off-the-shelf item in Europe or other overseas locations, but not likely in the US.
Thank you, I look into this solution.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You will not find any US style panels that will be acceptable overseas, there are different standards and requirements. You will need what they call a “Distribution Board” or DB. You can buy them from companies like Siemens and Schneider, but you will have to find someone in a local field office who is familiar with the complicated (internal) process of importing it from Europe, your typical distributor will not be able to do it on their own. Keep in mind that it will most definitely be non-returnable, so don’t make any mistakes.

The other thing that is often acceptable is to build your own using standardized bus bar systems and snap-on adaptors for the breakers to attach them. But you would need to know your end customers requirements for certification and what they refer to as “type testing”, meaning you must document that you know what you are doing, difficult if you have never done it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.