Panelized wall system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

I wired one, and I didn't bid it. I told the customer that it was T&M or somebody else could do it. Apparently, nobody else wanted to do it. I really meant to keep track of my time on that job so that I could have some numbers to bid with in the future. As it turned out, I popped in and out of that job to do service calls and the like, so I never really got decent numbers. That was the only one I did. The best thing I did for myself was to make a router template to cut out the interior sheathing for mounting the boxes. That helped things along considerably. I understand that some of these SIPs already have the electrical plan in mind with box cutouts already made. Mine did not, but it did have vertical and horizontal wire chases every so often. Forget about putting a 4 gang box on the outside wall by the front door, since the chase for wiring isn't big enough for all the cables. If you have any multi gang boxes to mount in the SIPS, consider an interior partition location if you can.

I'm sure someone will respond that does these regularly. I'd be interested too in learning more about how other people tackle these. I learned enough to know that they suck from the standpoint of the electrical ruff.

Status
Not open for further replies.