PARALLEL PHASE CONDUCTORS MUST ALSO HAVE PARALLEL GROUNDED CONDUCTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, got this correction on a duplex where we ran 2 parallel sets of 4-0 for phase and ran a single conductor for neutral , my understanding is parallel grounded conductors are required if phase parallels are in different conduit , am I wrong?? Thank you

kwired

Electron manager
300.3(B) is where you need to start reading the requirements here. It does also refer you to requirements in 310.10(H).

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Hi, got this correction on a duplex where we ran 2 parallel sets of 4-0 for phase and ran a single conductor for neutral , my understanding is parallel grounded conductors are required if phase parallels are in different conduit , am I wrong?? Thank you
Parallel raceways require a neutral in each raceway per second sentence of 300.3(B)(1):
The requirement to run all circuit conductors
within the same raceway, auxiliary gutter, cable tray, trench,
cable, or cord shall apply separately to each portion of the
paralleled installation, and the equipment grounding conductors
shall comply with the provisions of 250.122.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

If it's only one raceway then the neutral needs to be sized according to the load calculation and it could be a single conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.