Paralleling and Generator Pitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike01

I am doing some research on paralleling and generator pitches. I was able to find some information from some manufacturer?s sites and was looking to get a little deeper into the topic, problems, causes, analysis and solutions and was curious if anyone on the forum could point out some good reference material on generator pitch and paralleling with different pitches. Thanks.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am not familiar with the use of the word "pitch" in this context. Can you explain the term?

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
I am doing some research on paralleling and generator pitches. I was able to find some information from some manufacturer?s sites and was looking to get a little deeper into the topic, problems, causes, analysis and solutions and was curious if anyone on the forum could point out some good reference material on generator pitch and paralleling with different pitches. Thanks.

CAT has a good paper called "Generator Winding Pitch and Harmonics" . Also, I have two different electrical machine books and they both discuss it. Over on another forum eng-tips there was a good discussion on it.

Here is a good read: http://www.mirusinternational.com/downloads/DPNL-WP001-A1-Preventing-Neutral-Circulating-Current-when-Paralleling-Generators.pdf

Last edited:

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Going from memory here, but I thought the general rule was to just use alternators that had the same pitch (if you are going to parallel them).

Status
Not open for further replies.